My Blog List

Monday, September 21, 2020

Accidentally Ben

 

I have decided to split this story up as it was long and I wanted to get some of it out there before I drained myself, starting to post it should force me to keep writing!

Here goes this is my first post ever, wish me luck



Accidentally Ben

Ben was was incredibly lucky there was no doubt about that.

Ben had been doing an internship the summer before college at the military research and development lab his dad managed. 
His Dad's position was the only reason an 18 year old had managed secure such a prestigious opportunity that historically was reserved for high acheiving college Juniors. 
A month after he started there was some kind of accident and the research complex was evacuated quickly just before whatever had gone wrong went critical. 
Ben had been listening to classical music loud on his headphones whilst giling in the basement and had been the last person in the building to react to the alarms. 
He ran up the basement stairs as fast as he could and was almost out of the building when the accident reached it's peak and caused a massive explosion.
Ben was knocked down and partially buried by debris, he lay there for almost 20 minutes when people in Biohazard suits finally extracted him.

The military doctors at the facility he was airlifted to ran what seemed like a million tests on Ben. 
After what seemed like months to Ben but was really only 3 days they pronounced him completely healthy with the exception of a minor case of tinnitus and released him back into his parent's, Jackie and Justin Simmons, care.
Jackie ran to and then gleefully bear hugged Ben, he awkwardly extracted himself and pulled away, looking at her angrily. 

"Where were you Mom? You didn't visit but Dad was here every single day"

"I'm so sorry Ben I couldn't get clearance to be here until they had the test results, the whole facility was locked down in quarantine until they confirmed you were all clear, something to do with a potential hazard from the research they were doing, your Dad was allowed to stay and look after you because he already had clearance"

"Well I suppose it didn't matter that you weren't here anyway as Dad was always here to take care of me" Ben said sarcastically.

"Yes" smiled his Mom, missing Ben's tone, "Daddy and me will always be there to take care of you"

Ben rolled his eyes as he turned away "let's just get out of here okay" he said sharply as he headed towards the exit with his parents following in his wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment